Tuesday, July 3, 2007

On Enchants

Since the time I reached level 70, I have spent all my accumulated gold from quests (rather carelessly) on most notably, enchants and gems for my tanking gear, turn-ins for Aldor rep, and lots and lots of primal airs and waters for my Thunder.

Aside: Regarding my tanking gear, I had a bunch of guild members all hitting 70 at around the same time, and we decided to instance together and get all our heroic reputation keys covered. One of them was a priest, so I jumped at the opportunity to do something different. Tanking as a paladin (and amazing my group with feats that a warrior tank can't accomplish) was uber fun, so I quickly acquired some better gear, and got it all enchanted promptly. More on this at a later date.

The time has now come (thanks to all the daily quests netting me in excess of 120g per day) to spend some of this time to get the rest of my gear enchanted. I'm already a tremendous asset to the guild (it has been said that we could down Terestian Illhoof only because of my 2 second heals critting for more than 6k). But this is no place to stop. My goal is to have at least 1500 +healing while maintaining a 15% base crit chance with spells and around 150 mp5 while casting in my healing gear.

To that end, these are the enchants that I am aiming for by the end of this week.
- 81 healing to weapon. Spellsurge is arguably better in full caster (ideally, healer) groups on long fights, but I wanted to retain some versatility in 5 mans and PvP.
- 35 healing to glove. Finally, after months of using my Gauntlets of Renewed Hope with stamina gems and a stamina enchant (for PvP), I put Royal Nightseyes (9 healing and 2 mp5) in my other one. Time to go all the way, and get the enchant as well.
- 30 healing to bracer. Frankly, I'm not sure I want this over the 12 intellect that I already have, because I am afraid to gimp my mana pool. I'll have to check for precise numbers on this.
- 15 resilience to chest. Not a healing enchant, but I should be having the season 2 chest piece today (Merciless Gladiator's Ornamented Chestpiece) and no piece of arena gear is complete without an enchant.

That's all I can think of now. Seeing as they are primarily healing enchants, I'll be needing a lot of primal lifes. Let's just hope no one on my server decides to manipulate the economy for primal lifes just yet.

No comments: